email not sending out

PLEASE REPORT ANY FORUM SPAM ON HERE.

Also if you have any other personal spam or other spam matters then feel free to post them here.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

email not sending out

My email seems not to be sending out, or at least it sends some mails out and not others. I use the mac mail program and my isp is tiscalli. I have not changed anything in the preferences.

so if you are expecting an email off me and not got it this might be why.

any ideas of how to get this sorted?
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Martin
A selfsufficientish Regular

I'm not a "mac" person, there's a version of "Thunderbird" from Mozilla for Macs- the excellent open-source mail programme - you could try that instead of the mac programme - http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/all.html
-good luck! - I use Tiscali broadand too, and certainly haven't noticed any problems - sometimesthere can be "blockages" in to or out of certain isps mail systems, once in a while networks will refuse mail traffic from another isp because of heavyweight spamming, and you get holdups! :?
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

Nothing to do with email (I use Pegasus myself - excelent free program, but I don't think there's a Mac version), but as two people have admitted to being Tiscali customers, I thought I'd mention that if any users are on their unlimited 1Mb deal, I hope you've noticed their price reduction - existing users can 'upgrade' to the cheaper price, but be quick; offer ends 30th June (though actually it keeps getting extended).

Tiscali are a bit naughty in this respect - you have to apply for their package upgrades, and they don't actually let you know about them. I've had two speed upgrades and a price reduction over the past year, but only because someone other than Tiscali brought them to my attention.
Stew

Ignorance is essential