Re-tinning a cooking pot

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re-tinning a cooking pot

Safronsue's post about her copper pot reminded me. A couple of years ago I made a fleabay purchase (who me? :lol: ) of a beautiful old Indian brass cooking pot. It is perfect for cooking a full meal (dal, rice and vegetables/meat slowly on the boiler/woodburner. It's an Annapurna Cooking Co. No. 3 pot - and it's fabulous. I'll post some pictures later, if I can find them.

But it needs re-tinning.

I Googled it and,apart from the fact that it uses some ingredients I wouldn't generally have lying around :roll: it looked quite manageable. In fact I read that you can get it done by some bloke on a market stall if you live in the right place - which quite obviously I don't.

OH is adamant this is too difficult a job for us and needs doing professionally but another quick Google shows I'll have to send the bloody thing off to somewhere in the Borders. So a dear do all round - the ingredients (again care of fleabay) would not be too expensive.

Anyway, after all that waffle - has anyone done this? Is it as easy as it appears? Or have I just bought the largest piece of ornamental brassware imaginable? :roll: :lol:

If Safronsue's pot is salvageable it might be of use to her too.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Re: Re-tinning a cooking pot

never heard of being able to do this, but am wondering if renenamelling is possible too?!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!