Elastic band ball from royal mail

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Elastic band ball from royal mail

Over the past week I have been collecting elastic bands that I find on the floor. I noticed that the postmen round our way leave the red bands all over the place. - I have used them to make an elastic band ball that I will offer to Royal mail when it gets bigger. It is now a bit bigger than a golf ball and not as big as a tennis ball - in just 1 week!

In Bristol there are ads all over the place telling smokers that fag butts are litter and they could face a fine. Are royal mail exempt or is it that elastic bands don't count?

Could just be being a bit petty here but it seems an awful waste and a load of litter.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Andy

I did one of those when I was at the sculpture workshop - the postie just laughed when I gave it back to him! Mine was made out of the bands around our post though rather than lying around.

They are dangerous to animals though - it's great that you are picking them up. My mum's cat had an elastic band wrapped around it's tongue and had to be taken to the vet to get it sorted... at considerable cost to my mum.... luckily cat survived! Other animals might not be so fortunate.

Could this be the first use in another 101 uses for.... an elastic band?!
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

PurpleDragon

Use No

1 : to put round the top ofyour jars after you've made the jam to put in said jars.

Actually, it's probably Use No2 because I guess the ball is Use No1.
PurpleDragon
~~~~~~~~~~~

There is no snooze button on a hungry cat

Wormella
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 52.8045
longitude: -2.1154

we collect them too to add to our rubber band ball. very useful in the kitchen for keeping packets of stuff closed

red

we get bands round veg from box scheme

one great use is to tie them tightly around a plastic bag and it keeps them really small in your pocket or rucksack etc, and then its easier to carry-a-bag...

red