eco village seeking likeminded families for discussion +

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
chris

eco village seeking likeminded families for discussion +

Hi all,

I wanted to take the pulse of the eco village movement please.

We are professionals with funding in the organization and planning phase.

Most of the possible families are friends and relatives at this time yet i do not want to limit us to depending on them if indeed they decide to bail.
We are determined yet the rest seem to be fearful of change thus I am here to see whats going on.

I am thinking northern california but its open to debate.
You could say that we have always wanted this life but "PEAK OIL" seems very real to us and has indeed spurred us into action.

Sometimes people need a good jolt I suppose ;-)

We dont know if society as we know it will collapse etc etc....
Either way we wont abandon you in the woods we promise ;-)
We have always wanted this.
Have you ever known people who say they would be happier to have been born a couple hundred years ago?
If so you can use that get an idea of how my wife age 32 and I age 33 think and feel.
We have two strong boys ages 9 and 7.
We live in USA - Ohio

We dont want anything but true community sharing and caring.
Total communication and help with the work that will be needed.
We want to be as sustainable and self sufficient as possible.
I am thinking solar,wind and hydro etc etc composting toilets an icehouse and on and on.

ok I have said enough for now.
Would love to know whats going on with this movement and if there are any like minded folks in the united states.

drop me a line at deadpresidence @ hotmail.com without the spaces please ;-)
thank you for your time.
Chris

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Chris,

Just to let you know we don't seem to have many USA people dropping in on us at the moment. Mostly people from the UK, but as the numbers on this fourm increase it is inevitable that there will be some more people from your side of the pond.

Thanks for dropping by and sharing with us what you are up to. I am sure that everyone here will be happy to help we have a lot of collective knowledge on here. (also many relevant articles on the main site). So don't be afraid to ask if you are stuck with something :andy:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

cyndeelouwho1972
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

eco villages

Hi, I am from the US too. I live in Southern New Jersey. There are quite a few sustainable communities in tennesee, north carolina. There is one especially succesful called The Farm. I plan on taking a trip down just to check it out. Close by is Ashville anyway, that is a really artsy community that I wanted to visit too. I lost the chance at buying an old golfcourse a few years back that I had wanted to turn into a selfsustaining farm for my family. My sister backed out and I am the poor one (with all the ideas, lol) in my family. I was wondering why you picked California for your settlement. I subscribe to Permaculture Magazine and they have great articles and information etc. Feel free to email me anytime. I plan to someday be off the grid. I am 33 with a 36 yr old hubby and we have 4 children. I can definately relate to being born in the wrong era. As a young girl, I was glued to the tube watching Little House on the Prarie! Well, best of everything to you and yours and feel free to keep in touch with your ideas, success and/or failures. Hopefully we can all learn from one another.
Cyndeelouwho

cyndeelouwho1972
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: eco village seeking likeminded families for discussion +

chris wrote:Would love to know whats going on with this movement and if there are any like minded folks in the united states.

drop me a line at deadpresidence @ hotmail.com without the spaces please ;-)
thank you for your time.
Chris
Like your email Addy. Scarey feeling like your mostly alone in this big country isn't it. I keep praying (not to any organized religion God) that people will wake up and realise how foolish and wasteful they are living. Here's to hope! :flower:
Cyndeelouwho