the goodlife online

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
catalyst
Living the good life
Living the good life

the goodlife online

we watched a couple of episodes of the goodlife last night, from
http://www.tv-links.co.uk
(lots of other programmes on there too).

i was amazed how funny it actually was, and really enjoyed. think we'll probably be working our way through the whole series in the coming days!

littlebluefish
Tom Good
Tom Good

Oh this is brilliant!

Thanks!

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Fantabulous!! The link is now on our favourites - we took the lap top to bed last night so that we could watch the Good Life in peace!! Many hours of fun!! Thank you so much for the link.
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

catalyst
Living the good life
Living the good life

hey, thats what we do, laptop in bed!

any of you watched the episode with the crazy methane digester in the cellar - LOL.
and in another episode they harvest ALL their crops at once, i was sat there saying 'no, dont do it, it will all rot'. well funny though!

WiseBird
Tom Good
Tom Good

I have the complete set on DVD and have been going through the episodes (for the umpteenth time!) one by one.

It always makes me laugh but there are two special episodes that really are 'seeing into the future'.

Remember when Tom & Barbara are having their phone taken away in episode two? Margo comes to the front door just as the GPO man is leaving and when she states the obvious he comes out with a real gem..."No lady...I'm an eccentric millionaire...I get so many phone calls I have to carry the phone around with me" :lol: As one who has resisted a mobile phone for many years - i think this is spot on!

The other is in one of the Christmas specials...When I'm 65...Tom goes to the bank manager (played wonderfully by George Cole) and has a proposition for the bank to see himself & Barbara through their later years.

Tom suggests that the bank gives him £2,000 a year for the rest of his life and when they die the bank can keep the house...Tom as ever way ahead of his time, trying to release equity before even the money men had thought of it! And the value of that superb house back then? just £25,000 !!

It certainly is classic TV - I remember watching it as a young child and then it seemed to take forever for that bird to fly all the way around the flower...twice!

Donna
Give us Lord, a bit o' sun,
A bit o' work and a bit o' fun;
Give us all in the struggle and sputter
Our daily bread and a bit o' butter.

From an inn in Lancaster, England

mybarnconversion
Living the good life
Living the good life

WiseBird wrote: Tom suggests that the bank gives him £2,000 a year for the rest of his life and when they die the bank can keep the house...Tom as ever way ahead of his time, trying to release equity before even the money men had thought of it! And the value of that superb house back then? just £25,000 !!
I've always wondered about the house myself ... short commute from London got to be £750k+ these days, could sell it and buy a nice little spread somewhere these days :wink: Now that would be a different programme...

The Good Life in Somerset not Surbiton!

Magpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

I seem to remember an episode where they almost did that - they even went to look at a farm, but decided to stay where they were. Can't remember why though...

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

We have 3 of the 4 series on DVD. :mrgreen:

If you are taking a laptop to bed it seems to me you are doing something wrong.... :wink:

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Berti
Living the good life
Living the good life

is it just me?
I tried watching, and I got the message, contents not available on this server....what should I do?

berti

Jandra
Living the good life
Living the good life

The Good Life

Well, it can't be a Dutch problem, Berti, as I am able to play it. Just watched the first 2 episodes tonight and am enjoying it very much. If you can't make it work, perhaps your browser is missing some essential plug-in?

I'm using Firefox for a browser, by the way.

Good luck, Jandra

bogit & legit
Tom Good
Tom Good

Berti wrote:is it just me?
I tried watching, and I got the message, contents not available on this server....what should I do?

berti
Jandra is correct im running mirosoft internet explorer the good life no,the stepson is mozella fire fox and everthing is fine,so if you want to watch better install firefox.
cheers

Shirley

firefox for me - and THANKS for the link - hadn't ever seen the first episode of TGL - :mrgreen: :cheers: :mrgreen: :cheers:
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Fizzy Izzy
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Thank you very much for the link!

Works fine for me on Internet Explorer btw.
Smile :)

contadina

We recorded all four series from the TV and regularly enjoy the odd episode. It's great how they've stood the test of time so well.

After Christmas lunch we were all set to enjoy the Christmas episode where they invite Margo and Jerry over for some homespun fun including homemade crackers and paper hats but couldn't find it. Boo-hooh! We'd picked our Bond movie, an episode of Dad's Army and a Blockbuster film for our lengthy post gutbuster afternoon but were denied a Good Christmas. Does anyone know what series it belonged to so that I can put it into the next Christmas schedule? :king:

WiseBird
Tom Good
Tom Good

Its the 1977 Christmas special...called 'Silly, but its fun' so I don't think its actually part of any one series but it was broadcast in the same year as series 4

Hope this helps :wink:

Donna
Give us Lord, a bit o' sun,
A bit o' work and a bit o' fun;
Give us all in the struggle and sputter
Our daily bread and a bit o' butter.

From an inn in Lancaster, England